Colourpop Liquid Lipstick Lip Swatch & Review


Colourpop has amazing ultra matte liquid lipsticks at an unbeatable price $6 each. I lip swatched and reviewed 6 of my favorite shades in a rating chart breaking down color pay off (pigmentation), longevity, and smoothness of application for each ultra matte lip . A video with all matte lippies, full detailed reviews/ratings and direct links can be found after the jump



1. Bumble https://goo.gl/PPiko7: This shade is described as a warm toned pink and I have to actually agree. On a brown skin tone with yellow undertones it is extremely complimentary. Its kind of like nude color for brown skinned women like myself but with a little more pop. The pigmentation and longevity of this lipstick is pretty amazing but the application can be a little crumbly even though I properly prepped my lips with a scrub and light lip moisturizer.

2. Kae https://goo.gl/Xe2wGX this shade is A deep warm yellow brown, very true to the description. The pigmentation is decent although I felt like I saw the natural pink color of my lips begin to peak through regardless of the layers I applied. Longevity is fantastic on this lippie but the application is a little crumbly like Bumble.

3. Rooch https://goo.gl/FNmYgk A deepened Russet Wine Shade; this is my absolute favorite of ALL the colourpop ultra matte lipsticks I own. The color is absolutely gorgeous, true to the description. I have to give Karruche Tran a standing ovation for the creation of this shade in the #kaepop collection because it definitely enhanced the glow in my skin like no other. It is a timeless color that I believe can compliment a wide range of skin tones. The consistency of the application is smooth like butter, longevity is A1, and the pigmentation is damn near perfect.
 
4. Lychee http://amzn.to/2sdlSLn (Discontinued but found a good DUPE!) This warm purple lipstick is probably the most fun color to wear of the bunch. Its bright and screams look at how lively I am! It is perfect for summer time festivals, concerts or just to draw attention to the lips. The application is extremely smooth like "Rooch", has great coverage with the pigmentation and is exceptionally long lasting. 

5. Jellies (Discontinued and for good reason) The most epic color of the matte lipsticks. Jellies is a cool blue with fantastic pigmentation BUT the consistency of this lipstick in my opinion is not good. It applies pretty patchy and crumbles after a few hours of wear. In comparison to all the other ultra matte lipsticks this matte lip gave one of the weakest performances.

6. Guess https://goo.gl/wLacbC The last and least loved is Guess, a blackened purple. Although the color pay off is pleasing to the eye the application of this lipstick was the definite worst of the bunch. It was pretty difficult to apply due to the inconsistency of the formula which you can see in the video. The longevity basically mirrored the performance of the application.

Comments