Winter Skin Care



























I don’t know about you but wintertime can wreak havoc on the health of my skin if I do not change my skincare routine according to the season. My sister and I decided to share with you all our mostly natural holy grail skincare products that have kept our skin in tiptop shape regardless of the weather! If you have overly clogged pores from dry dead skin accumulation or irritation from dry, cold, winter air we’ve got just the post for you! Our wintertime skincare routines as well as the products we love are after the jump!












Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Michele’s skincare:

 

#1 Kigelia Africana After Sun/ Firming Face & Decollete Masque: Shea Terra Organics claim for this product is that “The fruits anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties help to maintain healthy skin with anti-inflammatory properties aid in decreasing inflammation and redness of the skin.”
I have one word for this mask AMAZING! I have combination/dry skin all year round that can get irritated fast if I don’t take the proper protective measures, this mask has really saved my skin even from a minor rash I got from the intense sun and wind here in Cali. I use it right after I wash my face to restore the moisture back into my skin and it has worked wonders. After my first use I noticed my skin had calmed from the redness and was super soft. After one week of use the rash I got was completely gone. Luck? I think not. Available here.




#2 Cape Aloe Topical Healing Gel: After toning my skin I put a tiny bit of this aloe on (before using my hydrosol and moisturizer). It instantly soothes my skin and makes my pores appear a little smaller. It is incredibly moisturizing and sinks in very quickly. As the website claims it does help with breakouts and rashes which are my primary concerns. For me it is imperative that I use this to protect my skin from future damage. Available here.


#3 Lavender Facial Tonic HydroSoul: I never thought that using a hydrosol could be so helpful until I started using this stuff. On the website it states that this hydrosol is specifically targeted to those with “especially sensitive, irritated and sun damaged skin, it calms redness and soothes sensitive skin, restores pH balance, relaxes facial muscles, maintains soft and smooth skin and significantly increases hydration.” I don’t know if I can agree with all the claims but I know that it has boosted how well my skin retains moisture. I usually spray this on my face after I tone it and then mix a couple sprays with my night time moisturizer and pat it gently on my skin until it fully absorbs. Available here.



Tiffany's Skin Care:

#1 Purity Hydrating Tonic : I actually only wash my face with soap once a day because over washing your face can dry it out causing the overproduction of oil which can actually cause breakouts (eek!) so I've found this method to work well for me. That's where this toner comes in. I wash my face with only water in the morning and I apply several sprays of this toner to a cotton pad and sweep it gently over my face to clear up any oil or sweat that may have accumulated while I slept. 100% Pure uses only organic ingredients and is great for all skin types. Available here.

 
#2 Cure Natural Aqua Gel : Exfoliation is an essential part of my winter skin care because dry dead skin can dull your complexion and also lead to breakouts. I make sure that I use this very gentle all natural exfoliant from Japan three times a week and it helps keep my skin glowing and flawless. This product is so gentle it exfoliates effectively without over irritating my skin. Available here.


 
#3 Elta MD Skincare UV Clear Sunscreen  :  Sun protection is important all year round, not just during the summer. It prevents hyper pigmentation which can be caused by acne scarring being overexposed to the sun. It also helps prevent premature aging (hello!). I love this product because it is 100% noncomedogenic  and doesn’t contain a lot of the harsh chemicals that other sunscreens contain or leave that weird white caste behind on your face. It absorbs nicely and can be worn easily under your makeup. Available here. 





Comments